HKeToll (Free Flow Tolling System) will be implemented at all government tolled tunnels and Tsing Sha Control Area by phases by end 2023. Motorists can pay tunnel tolls via remote means using toll tags without stopping or queueing up at toll booths. To implement this new measure, registered vehicle owners and holders of movement permit and trade licence are required to provide their "E-contact Means".
Registered vehicle owners can apply for "Vehicle Tag" in advance when submitting vehicle-related applications.
The following arrangements will be implemented starting from 1 November 2021:
Collection of "E-contact Means"
With effect from 1 November 2021, applicants are required to provide either a Hong Kong mobile phone number or an email address as "E-contact Means". TD will not process the applications if "E-contact Means" is not provided. TD and Toll Service Provider (TSP) may issue electronic notification, such as toll payment notification, either by SMS or email when necessary. In case of changes of "E-contact Means", please inform TD of the change within 72 hours in writing, by submitting the completed TD form TD559 or using the online services in GovHK.
Applicants should use the new version of application forms submitting vehicle-related applications.
The new version of application forms is available as follow:
- the Licensing Offices of TD, the Home Affairs Enquiry Centres and Post Offices;
- fax copy through TD Hotline at 2804 2600; or
- download soft copy by clicking the below links.
1. Registration and Licensing of a Vehicle [TD22] (Please note that this application form downloaded from Internet is for reference only. If users want to use this form, please make a double-sided photocopy. One-side copy will not be accepted.)
2. Renewal of Vehicle Licence [TD558]
3. Change of Personal or Vehicle Particulars [TD559]
4. Transfer of ownership of a vehicle (except Taxi) [TD25]
5. Transfer of ownership of a Taxi [TD25A]
6. Duplicate of Vehicle Registration Document / Vehicle Licence [TD151]
7. Movement Permit for a Vehicle [TD298]
8. Movement Permit for a Classic Car [TD371A]
9. Issue of Trade Licence [TD24]
10.Duplicate of Movement Permit / Trade Licence [TD309]
Application for "Vehicle Tag"
How to Apply
- With effect from 1 November 2021, registered vehicle owners can tick the "Application for Vehicle Tag from TSP" check box in relevant TD forms and online services to apply for "Vehicle Tag" in the course of submitting vehicle related applications to TD's Licensing Offices. The applications will be forwarded automatically to TSP for processing. Vehicle owners need not submit the application again.
- First issue of "Vehicle Tag" to a particular motor vehicle is free of charge.
- The Vehicle Tags will be issued to the applicants in phases in the near future.
- TSP will send "Vehicle Tag" to registered vehicle owners directly by post. Registered vehicle owners can pay with "Vehicle Tag" without stopping at toll booth.
- Details of "Vehicle Tag" issuance will be announced later.
The above arrangement is applicable to all application channels, including applications submitted via counters, drop-in boxes, by post and through the online service platform. For enquiries related to the operation of the FFTS or application for "vehicle tag", please visit https://www.ffts.hk/, or contact 2804 2600.