In view of the COVID-19 pandemic, the processing time of submitted applications and waiting time for auction will become longer. Thank you for your kind attention and understanding.
In general, applications will be accepted within the determined period in January, May and September each year.
- The 47th Personalized Vehicle Registration Marks Scheme was closed on 16 January 2023.
Before submitting applications, applicants should read the guidance notes carefully, and may also make reference to the auctioned marks under "Personalized Vehicle Registration Mark (Auction)" for the combinations and display arrangements of PVRMs.
Guidance Notes for Personalized Vehicle Registration Mark Application
Submission of Application
- To check whether the proposed personalized vehicle registration mark can comply with the basic combination requirements set out at Annex 1 of the "Guidance Notes for Application for Personalized Vehicle Registration Mark", you may enquire through online service by clicking here or call the Enquiry Hotline at 2804 2600.
- You can submit your application form (TD 569) in one of the following ways:
- By post to the Vehicle Registration Marks Unit, Transport Department, 12/F, South Tower, West Kowloon Government Offices, 11 Hoi Ting Road, Yau Ma Tei, Kowloon. Applications received by post will be dated by the postmark.
- Via the drop-in box at any of the TD's Licensing Offices at Admiralty, Cheung Sha Wan, Kwun Tong and Sha Tin. For easy identification, please mark "PVRM Application" on the envelope of the application. Applicants are advised to visit the TD's website for the latest service arrangements of the Licensing Offices.
- Through the online application service at the GovHK website if the applicant possesses an "iAM Smart" account with digital signing function (for Hong Kong residents only) or a digital certificate. You may also make general enquiries through a chatbot at the GovHK website.
- Each applicant can only submit one application.
- In accordance with Regulation 12B of the Road Traffic (Registration and Licensing of Vehicles) Regulations, Cap. 374E, the Commissioner shall not entertain any request to withdraw an application. In this regard, TD will not refund the deposit paid for the application.
- The processing of applications for personalized vehicle registration marks involves several stages and is taken by batches. As a general reference, it would normally take around 12-18 months or more for an application to complete the process and have the approved mark from the deadline for applications of each exercise to be put up for auction. The processing time would be even longer if the applied mark requires further examination during the vetting stage.
- All mails relating to application for personalized vehicle registration mark will be sent to the correspondence address provided by the applicant on the application form. Should there be any change of correspondence address or contact telephone number after submission of an application, the applicant should notify in writing the Vehicle Registration Marks Unit of Transport Department immediately (Address: 12/F, South Tower, West Kowloon Government Offices, 11 Hoi Ting Road, Yau Ma Tei, Kowloon or fax no.: 3101 5532).
Application Period for the 47th Invitation Exercise: From 1 January 2023 to 16 January 2023 (Closed on 16 January 2023)
- As at 16 January 2023, the Transport Department received over 2 000 applications which exceed the number published by Gazette. The Transport Department will arrange a computerised ballot in around mid-February 2023.
Applications Selected by Lot for the 46th Invitation Exercise