ROAD TRAFFIC (REGISTRATION AND LICENSING OF VEHICLES) REGULATIONS (Chapter 374E)
(Notice under regulation 3(c))
For facilitating the cross-boundary vehicles stranded in the Mainland or Macao during the COVID-19 epidemic period with vehicle licence expired to go back to Hong Kong to undergo vehicle examination, the Transport Department will provide facilitation measures for them.
Pursuant to regulation 3(c) of the Road Traffic (Registration and Licensing of Vehicles) Regulations, Chapter 374E, I hereby exempt the list of vehicles (the "Vehicles") on the specified dates at Annex from the Road Traffic (Registration and Licensing of Vehicles) Regulations, subject to their full compliance with the following conditions:－
- The Vehicle and its driver have been approved by the Transport Department in writing as eligible for the facilitation measures for cross-boundary vehicles stranded in the Mainland or Macao;
- Before the Vehicle is licensed, it shall only be used on roads on the specified dates for the purpose of travelling via the designated route to the Car Park 3 or other designated car parking space at the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge Hong Kong Port for parking as detailed in the letter of approval issued to the owner of the Vehicle;
- The Vehicle shall not be used on roads on any dates other than the specified date or for any purposes other than the purpose as stated in condition (b) above;
- Before the Vehicle is licensed, it shall only be driven by the approved driver and shall not carry any passengers or goods; and
- The Vehicle and its driver shall be covered by a policy of insurance in respect of third party risks pursuant to the Motor Vehicles Insurance (Third Party Risks) Ordinance (Chapter 272) on the specified dates.
The above exemption does not affect the application of other laws, including but not limited to the Road Traffic Ordinance, Chapter 374 and its subsidiary legislations (except Chapter 374E), of Hong Kong to the Vehicles when they are being driven on a road in Hong Kong. The Vehicles shall no longer be exempted from the Road Traffic (Registration and Licensing of Vehicles) Regulations, Chapter 374E after the specified dates, upon contravention of any of the conditions specified in the preceding paragraph or renewal of their vehicle licence, whichever is earlier.
LAW Shuk-pui, Rosanna Commissioner for Transport
List of Specified Vehicles
||Vehicle Registration Mark
|10 March 2022
|11 March 2022